Thursday, September 02, 2010

BCS Predictions

Here are the predictions of who will play in the BCS games this year...my predictions are a little different than what most "experts" have called for...anyone can predict Alabama, Ohio State, Florida, Texas for the national title...I decided to stick my neck on the line...in other words, like Bill Rafftery would say, "ONIONS!!"...

First off, Alabama will not make a BCS...they have only 2 players returning on defense...there is no way a team will win the title, let along make a BCS game with that young of a defense...I know I stated Alabama would go 12-1, but I want to change that to 10-2...

Florida is another team that will not win the BCS title...you don't replace Tim Tebow and players like Joe Haden and Brandon Spikes...same goes with Texas...they lose Jordan Shipley, Colt McCoy and Sergio Kindle...and Ohio State is banking on a quarterback who has played one fabulous game so far...Oregon will not flow with Jeremiah Masoli gone...

Well here is my call:
Fiesta Bowl - Oklahoma vs. Pitt - the Sooners and Panthers win their conferences

Rose Bowl - Stanford vs. Ohio State - Stanford takes the PAC-10 and Ohio State gets an at-large bid

Sugar Bowl - Auburn vs. Nebraska - Auburn shocks everyone and takes the SEC title...Nebraska gets the at-large bid

Orange Bowl - The U vs. Florida - The U wins the ACC and Florida gets an at-large bid

BCS Title Game - Boise State vs. Iowa - this is a game that BCS officials dread...they do not want either team close to this game, but at the end of the season, these two will be the only undefeated teams standing...when it is all done, Boise State shocks the world!!!...

5 comments:

Terry said...

I will disagree with your assessment of some of these teams.
Fiesta - I can agree with that
Rose - Herbstreit picked Stanford also and the PAC 10 is wide open. I think OSU will be in the title game as I believe's Iowa's offense is not good enough to get there.
Sugar - Herby had Auburn losing the SEC title game so I think Florida gets the Sugar
Orange - Miami wins the weak ACC, but I think TCU sneaks into another BCS game.
BCS title game - I think Boise will be there against the Buckeyes.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
amily said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.